Spangler Environmental is looking for an Environmental Technician to support our Risk Management Group. The primary function of this entry-level role will be to assist Environmental Scientists in performing field work and technical report preparation. The technician will be responsible for researching background information on properties and filling in data on reports via various platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Internet-based research of municipal tax records and deeds
- Internet-based research and interpretation of flood, topographic, geologic and soil maps
- Make figures in online report platforms and Microsoft Word
- Assist with data entry and report writing of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and Property Condition Assessments (PCA)
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments
- Minimum 1 year working in an environmental field, land development, water resources, or ecological resources
- Ability to learn & work cloud-based platforms (Parcel & Quire)
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic map-reading skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Ability to work majority of the time in an office setting, with occasional travel for research purposes
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a Natural Sciences or related degree
- Experience with ArcMap GIS software
- Experience or knowledge of ESA & PCA reports
- Experience or knowledge of construction and building materials
- A background check will be performed.
Spangler Environmental is looking for an Environmental Technician to support our Risk Management Group. The primary function of this entry-level role will be to assist Environmental Scientists in perf...
Spangler Environmental, Inc. is a consulting firm serving land developers, engineers, architects, attorneys and governmental agencies throughout the Southeast. We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as an Environmental Technician within our Land & Water Resources practice.
- Inspect and report on active construction sites’ erosion and sediment control features;
- Assist staff scientists with delineations of wetlands and waters, pursuant to US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), state and local protocols;
- Oversee and manage technical components of staff scientists’ responsibilities;
- Assist in the writing of technical memos and reports for clients based on field evaluations or research;
- Support threatened and endangered species investigations and accompanying reports;
- Draft 401/404 and riparian buffer permit applications;
- Obtain project-related documents from state and local agencies;
- Prepare exhibits using ArcGIS, AutoCAD and other mapping/design/graphics software;
- Collect GPS field data to integrate into exhibits.
- Associate’s degree in an environmental or related field of study;
- Willingness and ability to independently and successfully schedule and complete outdoor field work in variable weather conditions (cold, rain, heat, etc.);
- Flexibility to schedule and complete overnight field trips throughout the Southeast, sometimes on short notice;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Office;
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Level I Erosion and Sedimentation Control Certification
- Level II Erosion and Sedimentation Control Certification
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations, particularly Clean Water Act sections 404 and 401, Endangered Species Act sections 10 and 7, and National Environmental Policy Act;
- Experience using ArcGIS;
- NCDWR/TDEC stream origin training/certification;
- NCWAM/NCSAM training/certification;
- Experience using AutoCAD and other mapping/design/graphics software;
- Experience using field data collectors.
Full-time position with benefits. Starting salary based on experience. Some overnight travel required. Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather and site conditions.
To apply for this position, send qualifications to: Ward Marotti, Director: Land & Water Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spangler Environmental, Inc. is a consulting firm serving land developers, engineers, architects, attorneys and governmental agencies throughout the Southeast. We are looking for a qualified candidate...