The Administrative Assistant serves as one of the points of contact for clients, vendors, employees, and guests of Spangler Environmental. This front-and-center position is responsible for assisting with the office and administrative functions of the company. Reporting to the Director of Accounting and Administrative Services, the Administrative Assistant plays an important role in overseeing a broad range of administrative, financial, and project support activities. Primary responsibilities include:
- Office administration, including mail, supplies, keeping common spaces neat and stocked, front desk reception, and responding to inquiries
- Vendor management, assisting with vendor insurance certificates and requesting W-9s from vendors.
- Maintenance of digital and hard copy files, both on and offsite, in adherence with corporate records retention policies
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate company contact lists across multiple platforms
- Assisting with coordinating company meetings and events
- Assisting the Administrative Services Manager with fleet management activities.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Management Team. This may include environmental research, calendar management, drafting business communications, meeting coordination, and/or office organization
- Assists accounting functions by accurately entering vendor bills into accounting system (Core), making bank deposits, printing and sending checks.
- Performing other administrative functions as assigned
- Associates/Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing administrative in a professional office setting;
- Experience in an environmental, engineering or architectural firm is a plus.
- Experience in using Core by BQE is a plus.
- Ability to learn processes, follow instructions, and also suggest more efficient processes when necessary.
- Clear, effective, friendly communication skills – in person, by phone and in writing
- Self-initiative, follow through, integrity and a commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and proactively, seeing tasks through to completion
- Comfortable navigating technology and cloud-based platforms
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and willingness to run errands
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Background check required
The Administrative Assistance is a part-time position based in our Raleigh, NC office with flexible days and hours between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM; minimum of 20 Hours. This position has a possibility of becoming a full time position at a later date. We offer a friendly, casual work environment and opportunity for professional growth.