Spangler Environmental is looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team. This internship provides an opportunity for a current student in pursuit of an environmental degree to gain exposure in various service areas, including land and water resources, remedial investigation, and due diligence. The Marketing Intern will shadow our environmental scientists in the field or in the office, then convert their learning into informative content to be used on company social media platforms and newsletter. This role reports to the Vice President – Business Operations and will regularly engage with company leadership and project staff.
Primary responsibilities of the Marketing Intern include:
- Writing concise, professional, engaging content and photos for posting on our LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google profiles. Content may also be used in the company website and newsletter.
- Curating relevant content from industry associations or governing bodies and summarizing the content for posting on our social profiles with appropriate attribution
- Participating in field visits for the primary purpose of capturing photos for social media use while simultaneously gaining hands-on experience
- Populating the company’s social media calendar with content so posts are published on a consistent and scheduled basis
- As time permits, assist the environmental project staff with soil samples and other light tasks as requested
The successful candidate will possess these criteria:
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent written communication skills, able to translate technical subject matter into layman’s terms in a professional tone
- The ability to participate in field visits in various weather and environmental conditions
- Familiarity with Facebook and LinkedIn; preferably for business purposes
- Current enrollment in a related Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to take clear photos using a smartphone
- Proficiency with Constant Contact and Hootsuite is a plus
- The ability to work 2-3 days/week in our Raleigh office
This unpaid internship will help the chosen candidate acquire environmental communications skills and provide broad experience in marketing and environmental consulting. The successful intern will receive a written letter of commendation by the company President and consideration for future employment opportunities.