Spangler Environmental, Inc. is a consulting firm serving land developers, engineers, architects, attorneys and governmental agencies across the Southeast U.S. We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as an Environmental Consultant for our Land & Water Resources group.
- Performs field delineations of wetlands pursuant to Corps of Engineers protocols
- Performs Stream Origin delineations per NC DWR protocols. Previous experience performing wetland delineations with history of interaction with Corps regulatory personnel resulting in approved JDs is required. NCDWR Stream Origin training certification preferred.
- Writes technical memos and reports for clients based on field evaluations or research
- Performs threatened and endangered species investigations and writes accompanying reports
- Prepares and submits 401/404 permit applications; obtains project-related documents from state and local agencies
- Advises clients on stream and wetland-related issues and serves as the liaison with regulatory agencies for all permitting projects
- Performs PCN application development, including exhibit preparation using ARCView, AutoCad LT, and other graphics software.
- Performs GPS field data collection for sketch map preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental or related field of study
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience performing wetland and Waters of the US delineations pursuant to Corps of Engineers protocols and stream origin delineations per NC DWR protocols, with a history of interacting with Corps regulatory personnel resulting in approved JDs
- Proficient working knowledge of environmental regulations, specifically regarding 401 and 404 permitting.
- Experience using handheld GPS units and ArcGIS
- Willingness and ability to independently perform outdoor field work in variable weather conditions (cold, rain, heat, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (including report writing, emails and verbal communication)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- NCDWR Stream Origin training certification is preferred
- Experience using ArcView, AutoCAD LT and other graphics software
- Experience with Trimble hand-held GPS data collectors is preferred.
Full-time position with benefits. Starting salary of $40-50k, depending on experience. Some travel, possibly overnight, required occasionally. Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather and site conditions.