* We are actively hiring for this position in the Raleigh, NC, Charleston, SC, and Tampa, FL markets.
Spangler Environmental is looking for an Environmental Technician to support our Risk Management Group. The primary function of this entry-level role will be to assist Environmental Scientists in performing field work and technical report preparation. The technician will be responsible for researching background information on properties and filling in data on reports via various platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Internet-based research of municipal tax records and deeds
- Internet-based research and interpretation of flood, topographic, geologic and soil maps
- Make figures in online report platforms and Microsoft Word
- Assist with data entry and report writing of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and Property Condition Assessments (PCA)
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments
- Minimum 1 year working in an environmental field, land development, water resources, or ecological resources
- Ability to learn & work cloud-based platforms (Parcel & Quire)
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic map-reading skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Ability to work majority of the time in an office setting, with occasional travel for research purposes
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a Natural Sciences or related degree
- Experience with ArcMap GIS software
- Experience or knowledge of ESA & PCA reports
- Experience or knowledge of construction and building materials
A background check will be performed. Qualified applicants should apply via this post; calls will not be considered.