* We are actively hiring for this position in the Raleigh, NC, Charleston, SC, and Tampa, FL markets.
Spangler Environmental, Inc. is a consulting firm serving land developers, engineers, architects, attorneys and governmental agencies across the Southeast U.S. We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as an Environmental Scientist.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Environmental Scientist include:
- Lead multiple and manage multiple projects, with client, schedule and budget constraints.
- Perform site evaluations and write reports for Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments per ASTM E1527-13.
- Perform Property Condition Assessments. May perform ACM inspections if properly accredited.
- Perform GPS field data collection for sketch map preparation. Experience with Trimble hand-held GPS data collectors is preferred.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Environmental due diligence, Phase II site assessments, regulatory compliance services, and permitting
- Utilize professional and field experience to prepare well-written technical reports, letters, memoranda, email communications, plans, specifications, and proposals.
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
- Gather, organize and evaluate field data for use in written reports.
- Operate and maintain field monitoring equipment
- Prepare material samples or documents for lab testing and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental or related field of study required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in private sector environmental consulting on land development projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience successfully leading multiple team members and managing multiple projects, with client, schedule and budget constraints.
- Full-time position based in Raleigh, NC. Travel to project sites in the Southeastern US, occasionally overnight, is required
- EP status per the ASTM 1527-13 standard preferred.
- Must be able to work independently outdoors in variable weather and site conditions.
- Proficient in soil and groundwater sample collection
- Knowledge and experience in basic computing skills including Microsoft Office and ArcGIS.
- Must possess valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.